We can assist you with your Shenandoah Valley itinerary!
There are so many relaxing and interesting things to do at River Bluff Farm Bed and Breakfast and in the surrounding Shenandoah Valley. We do our best to keep this list accurate and up to date, but please be sure to confirm the information when you plan your outing.
On the property
- Sit on the back porch with your favorite beverage and listen to the waters of the North Fork slide along around the bend and down a small riffle.
- Stroll down our farm lane between fields of grasses and wildflowers.
- Walk to the top of the bluff for a picnic and beautiful views of the Allegheny and Massanutten mountain ranges.
- Put in or take out your kayaks, canoes, and tubes on our river frontage. Float down the North Fork of the Shenandoah river.
- Go fishing from our river frontage, too.
- Relax in the hammock near the river.
Dining Out … or In
Take advantage of many of the local area restaurants – we will be happy to give you suggestions. Or … bring your own steak – full kitchen and gas grill provided.
- Golf at nearby Shenvalee Golf Resort in New Market, VA (15 minute drive) or a bit further afield at Bryce Resort in Basye (30 minute drive) or Caverns Country Club in Luray (30 minute drive)
- Shop in New Market, Mount Jackson, Edinburgh, Luray, Woodstock, and Harrisonburg, and, of course, we have Flea Markets everywhere!
- Route 11 Potato Chips – view the process, sample different chips – 11 minute drive
- Hike in nearby George Washington National Forest – 30 minute drive
Wineries, Breweries, and Cideries
- Third Hill Winery at De Mello Vineyards, Quicksburg, VA – 6 minutes
- Kindred Pointe Winery, Mount Jackson, VA – 20 minutes
- Old Hill Cider, Timberville, VA – 21 minutes
- Cave Ridge Vineyard & Winery, Mount Jackson, VA – 24 minutes
- Swover Creek Farms, Edinburg, VA – 27 minutes
- Woodstock Brewhouse, Woodstock, VA – 28 minutes
- Backroom Brewery, Middletown, VA – 44 minutes